Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fun with Friends in North Carolina!

 
I took a trip to North Carolina to visit Jacquelyn
and her family!  Of course, we had to make a
stop at Chick-fil-A once I got there! :-)
 
On Thursday night, the first night I was there,
Jack had to work, so I was able to spend a lot
of time with the rest of Jack's fam - eating dinner,
going shopping, and taking a walk :-)
 
On Friday night, we went out with some friends for
dinner and then to the Cheesecake Factory.
 Andrew, Jeremy, and Spurgeon
 
Had so much fun with the girls!
 
The Webb "Kids" - Georgia, Spurgeon, and Jacquelyn
 
Cute pic! :-)
 
Chick-fil-A for dinner on Saturday night with the gang! :-)
 
Enjoying our evening walks & talks! :-)
 
On Memorial Day, we had a cookout - steak, potatoes...
the whole works!  It was delicious!  Then Spurge, Jack,
Georgia, and I headed to a nearby river for some relax time :-) 
 The setting was pretty nice :-)
 
So, can you see what we discovered
playing in the water once we first got there?!
 
Spurge killed it - thank goodness!
He then informed us that he thought it was a
Copperhead.. yikes!  Glad he killed it then since we stayed!
Georgia found a little fish!  We found all sorts of things! :-)
Probably not the water you'd want to go swimming in.. :-)
 
But we still managed to have a good time
and still went in the water!  Yup!  We're crazy! :-)
 
Such a good time with Jack!
 
Georgia drying her feet on the way home...
can you get anymore hillbilly than that?! ;-p
 
Shopping that evening at Tanger Outlets...
and relaxing, too! :-)
 
Georgia helping Jacquelyn put her socks on.
What a good sister! :-)
She couldn't do it herself because she was
eating pizza & her hands were dirty.
 Why did we get all dressed up, you wonder?! :-)
It's a long story - but the short story is that
we were going to Carowinds with a group of
friends, some that Georgia & Jacquelyn had
never met.  So, their friend Matt told them
to make sure they dressed stylish... and
so they were determined to do so! ;-)
I personally love Jack's visor!  I couldn't
even look at her without laughing! :-)
 
We had the best group in our car on the way to Carowinds! :-)
We picked up Rebekah & Hilaire on the way.. they're so fun!
I had a really fun time getting to know them,
and others who joined us for the day!
 
Welcome to Carowinds Amusement Park!
 
Part of the group that was with us for the day!
There was a big group that came - some from
the Webbs church and then some other friends
from another nearby church.  It was fun to finally
meet people that I'd heard about! :-)
 
Aw.. cute sisters! :-)
 
We took a little break from the rides & enjoyed Wendy's for lunch.
 
Waiting in line for a ride
Jacquelyn & Georgia with friends Tabitha & Charity
 
And the funny-lookin' guy is Matt! :-)
Just joking, of course, Matt! ;-p
 
Waiting for the rain to calm down so that
we could go on our ride! :-)
 
Standing in both North and South Carolina at the same time!
How cool is that?! :-)
 
Chili's for Dinner
We had a very full, fun-filled day with friends! :-)
(like my alliteration, Adam?! ;-))
 We should both be frowning... sad to leave the Webbs! :-(
I had such a fun time & we made many special memories!
I guess I'll just have to go down there again soon! :-)
Glad to have a family away from family!  Love you, Webbs!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my starz! I can't believe you put some of those pics on here! haha Thanks so much for coming! Please come back SOON! :D Miss you!
    Lots of Love!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love to read about your travels! What fun pics!! Have a wonderful summer! Love ya!!!

    Mrs. Piercy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job alliterating :) I should have you draft the final outline of my sermons if I run into trouble :) Last Sunday night I preached on the 6 M's of Christianity from II Cor. 5:14-21 :) Glad to see you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tizzy, looking at your blog makes me wish you were here again. I love it when you come. You are low maintenance.haha I love you. Bring your mom when you come again. While you guys are out being crazy, we will take in some starbucks and get caught up! :) Please give her my love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad for the dear Webb family - just love them all and so glad you have them for a 2nd family :) Tell Mrs. Webb that I think that's a marvelous idea... :)and give her my love too.
    Love you, Tiz - Mom

    ReplyDelete