Friday, December 24, 2010

Way Too Much Webb Fun!!! :)

I visited the Webb family in North Carolina at the beginning of December.
I was there for over a week!  It was SO great to see them all!
I met their daughter, Jacquelyn, at BCM my freshman year 
and I've enjoyed her friendship since! :)
And for all her family.. well.. I really feel like they're 
my own family.. just love em'! :)
They've all been a great encouragement & challenge to me!
Georgia came and picked me up from the airport since Jack was working.  
It was SO great to see her again! :)  
Georgia, did we stop chatting at all on the way home?! :)
I LOVE just sitting and chatting with the Webb family..
LOADS of CrAzY fun!!! :)  Maybe that's why I feel so comfortable? ;)
Jack didn't get off work til later that night.  She works as a nurse
at Duke Hospital.  So, the rest of the fam decided to go get the
tree without her so then we could have it at home by the time she
got off work so all of us could then decorate it.  Well, we looked
around for the best deal and finally went to get Home Depot to get one.
Before too long we found the "perfect" tree!  Well, Pastor & Mrs. Webb
went in to get a tree stand and pay for it, and just left Spurgeon to hold
the tree.. this is how Georgia and I found him! :)
It was so much fun to join in their family tradition of decorating
the Christmas tree! :)  Pastor Webb & Spurgeon hang the lights
and then the girls do the ornaments..  all of course to eating yummy 
sausage balls, cookies, and candy while listening to fun Christmas music! :) 
On Saturday, we went to a Christmas parade :)
We were actually on the float! :)
People from Calvary Baptist Church (where Pastor Webb is the pastor).
L to R: Me, Kaylee Russ (the assistant pastor's daughter), 
Georgia, Jacquelyn (peeking behind), Andrew Reynolds, 
Noah Russ (the assistant pastor's son), and Joshua and Joseph Jones.
Jacquelyn Brooke Webb.. waving as beauty queen on the front of the float! :)
We sang Christmas carols as we went through town.. 
Spurgeon especially enjoyed one in specific and kept wanting
to sing it again & again as we ended the parade and headed back! :)
Every time I hear it now, Spurgeon, I think of you! ;)
On Saturday afternoon, the Webbs and I attended a wedding of 
a guy that was in Jack's graduating high school class..
Spurgeon had driven Jack's car on the way to the wedding
but had then left with Mrs. Webb to go back home while
Jack and I stayed there for some of the reception.
We were walking out to the car when we realized that
we didn't have the keys!  Spurgeon had accidentally taken them!
Spurgeon and keys.. Mmm.. they just don't get along too well! ;)
 
Well.. at least it had beautifully snowed just that day, so
Jack and I enjoyed taking some pics while we waited for our ride.. :)
Jack ended up only have to work one night shift while I was there!
So, while she worked, "Mom Webb" and I went out to do a little shopping.. :)
I just LOVE to spend time with her!  She's just precious!!! :)
Jack & I did some shopping too while I was there! :)  Shocked?! ;)
On Tuesday night, we went to the mall and enjoyed hearing some caroling.. :)
Chick-fil-A.. YUMMY!!! :)
Jack & I left our table and went back to get a refill.  I was scared to realize
that I didn't have my purse with me!  I realized I'd left it under the table!! 
I quickly went back to make sure it was still there.. Yup!  There it was! 
Mary would've died!!! ;)  I took this picture and sent it to her! :)
 
You can be the first to congratulate me!!! ;)
Just for fun we did some ring shopping..  I really liked this one! :)
Wednesday night after church we went to Arby's for a snack.
I wanted to sit by Noah, since I hadn't really talked with him much,
and, of course, Spurgeon wanted to sit by me! ;) haha
Chick-fil-A again!!! :)
We met up with Georgia on Thursday night after she finished 
her training.. she's going to be working at Chick-fil-A! :)
Free food.. Hmm.. I'd consider working there too! ;)
Spurge & Jack
On Friday, Jack and I headed out early.. well, earlier :)
So, by mid-morning we were pretty tired.  I rested while
Jack went to Caribou for her "coffee shot"! ;)
Then we were good to shop again! :)
We met up with Spurgeon for lunch at Blue Ribbon Diner.
He was busily studying for exams while I was there,
but he completed them all successfully the following Monday! :)
Spurgeon, I think we'll always remember this lunch.. :)  Good memories! ;)
Jack, Georgia, and I enjoyed a late night party on Friday night
after we had gone to Georgia's school for their Christmas program
and then had some friends over to the house for snacks and games! :)
I laughed and snapped pics as Jack & Georgia wrestled on the couch!
I guess tiredness does strange things to you.. ;)
 
I laughed at Jack's reaction to seeing snow!
One day, we were walking outside to get into the car
and all of the sudden Jack was like, "OHH!"
I was like, "What?!  What's wrong?!"
Her response was, "Look!  It's SNOWING!"
She's most OBVIOUSLY from the South! ;)

 
While I was there Calvary Baptist Church also had their Christmas program..
Jack sang a solo..
The children's choir sang..
and acted out a play as well.
Georgia and Spurgeon playing their trumpets 
while Mrs. Webb played the piano.
The whole "cast"! :)
After the program, we enjoyed a meal and singing downstairs! :)
Pictured above.. Andrew Reynolds, Emily Russ, and me, of course! :)
We had some great laughs!!! :)


On Monday night, Mrs. Webb, Jack, and I joined some ladies
from the church at Vinny's for dinner for their "ladies' meeting".
Please notice Jacquelyn's hat.. 
she's wanted to wear it for a while and finally did! :)
As we were out on Tuesday, I laughed as I saw this shirt! :)
Jacquelyn, Mrs. Webb, and I attended a ladies' luncheon at
a country club with Pastor Webb's mom and sister-in-law.
It was very nice.. VERY nice! :)
A fun experience to do once a year! ;)
 
Of course we had to get a picture before we left.. :)
 
Georgia, Jacquelyn, and I went out to Caribou on Tuesday night..
I drove because Georgia didn't have her license with her and Jack
didn't want to drive.. hence, this is why Georgia is like this.. :)
 
I REALLY enjoyed my time with the Webb family SO much!
Lots of fun memories and good chats! :)
I already miss them all!  Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! It looks like y'all had SO much fun! Jac, I LOVE the hat!!! Georgia, you're so cute! Thank you, Spurgeon, for SHAVING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLEASE COME BACK!!! :D It was a blast having you here! So glad we took lots of pics...but I can't believe you put them all on here! Some of them hold special memories for you! ;) haha In case you were wondering...we all LOVE you to death!
    Anna, my fashionista, thx for that comment! :)
    Love & HUGS!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete