Friday, February 18, 2011

Back in Deltona, Florida!

 Back in Deltona, Florida at Faith Baptist Church!
I was here in 2007 on practicum.. who ever knew I'd be back?! :)
 Practicing for specials.. well, okay, I guess I'm not exactly practicing.. :)
Twins I met on Sunday morning at church..
their names are Heaven and Nevaeh (which is Heaven backwards)!
 This week was unique in that we did Revival meetings
on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, and then the War
on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night.. pretty busy! :)
We also had children's meetings each of the nights.
It was fun to do it again! :)
We had an interesting Sunday morning.. definitely not boring!
We were sitting in Sunday school, class was already done and
we were just talking.  All of the sudden I heard Amanda say,
"Tizzy!  Something is wrong with Annaleese!"
I turned around and hurriedly went over to see what was wrong.
Annaleese was just sitting there, staring, and saying absolutely nothing.
The girls and Amanda were all trying to tell me what had happened,
but I didn't understand it all at the moment..
I just stood there and quietly spoke to her as I touched her face.
I then tried to encourage her to breathe as I saw that she seemed to be
taking short, quick breaths.  All I can say is, praise the Lord for His calm!
Leesie wasn't responding at first, and then I saw that she was taking
deep breaths like I was encouraging her to do.  She finally seemed to
completely come to it when her Mom and Dad came in from their Sunday
school class.  I guess what happened is that she had hit her elbow on the desk
she was sitting at and then had fainted, falling back in her chair.  Amanda
and the girls thought that she would get back up on her own, but when she
didn't then they got very concerned!  Amanda pulled her up and tried talking
to her some, but when there was no response, she then called me over. 
I guess all the girls have low blood pressure, so Mrs. Van thought that
might have caused it too.  Who knows what all caused it, but praise the Lord
she was fine after that!  It was definitely scary and it reminded me of the
importance of each moment we have in another's life!  Thankfully there was
a nurse at the church, so she helped Leesie some.  Sunday night the
nurse also took blood pressures, so we all got in on that..
hence the above picture! :)
 
Well, on Sunday night, they still managed to watch the 
Packers\Steelers play in the Superbowl after church! :)
 
Leesie was having fun pulling Bryce around :)
I was just SO glad she was okay after her fainting spell!
I told her to NEVER do that again.. not, of course that
  she wanted to.. :) About scared me half to death!
Nicole & I stayed with Mrs. Frost, a widow lady that
attends the church there, and Amanda got to stay with
some of the teachers from the school.  This was our ride..
for part of the week, at least :)
Kinda unnerves you to see a sign like this by a 
school that you're recruiting..
Guess what "little friend" I found awaiting me in the bathroom! :)
I didn't kill it, Amanda!  Aren't you so proud of me?! ;)
There was a tornado sighted near us, so
we spent a good part of Monday afternoon
trying to make sure that everyone was safe.
Amanda, Nicole, and I thought it was pretty
awesome, though!  We enjoyed being outdoors! :)
Oh my!  Such memories from practicum! ;)
 
Have I mentioned that Amanda & I share
a love for little things?? :)
Hanging posters on Monday night.. of course, you gotta
have some fun! ;)  It cracked me up when Seth did this!
I guess he didn't realize that all he had were just legs & a face! :)
Splash Ball time! :)

Nicole & I out for our afternoon walk.. :)
Well, we'd like to say it's a daily occurrence,
but, uh.. yeah.. :)  I'm trying though, Leah.. ;)
The War Nights..


Janna thought this phone was pretty cool.. :)
Late night snack anyone? :)


PULL!!!

Michelle Chaney & Julieanne Stock
(former classmates & now school teachers in Deltona)
Marty & Emerald
Pretty neat story.. Emerald was a teen that came on
Wednesday night with some of his buddies and ended
up getting saved that night!  On Thursday, he came back
but ended up getting injured pretty bad in Spoke Tackle..
I guess from what it sounded like, he pretty much got
trampled.. OUCH!  And when I went over to see how
he was, he couldn't even move, let alone get up!
Pretty bad!  They ended up calling an ambulance &
taking him to the hospital.  Praise the Lord that he ended
up being fine!  I wonder if he might've dislocated his hip,
but if that's the case, then it must've popped back in before
he got to the hospital.. Well, Friday night came & guess who
showed up again?!  Emerald!  It was so great to see him back,
and seemingly fine, beside a little limping.  Now, this is a kid
dedicated to the War! ;)  He also gave a testimony that night
about God's saving work in His life.. it's miracles like this that
makes it all worthwhile! :)
Tizzy & Alexis
(It was so awesome to see her again after all these years!)
The ending scores.. good job, Recon! :)
A picture just for Carl of his "hypothetical Stacy".. :)
We stayed in a very nice home this week..
It was so cozy and delicately decorated..




This saying was in the room I stayed in..
I loved it! :)
 
Jennifer Kubik & Amanda
(Jenny was also a fellow classmate from BCM
who now works there in Deltona)

Praise the Lord for His continued working in willing
hearts & sinful souls who come to Him as Savior!

5 comments:

  1. Miss Michelle!!! My summer roommate! Great to see Jenny K again too(even though it's just in pictures)! ;)
    ~Abbey L <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new post! :) Your posts are always soo long, but I love the pics! :) Hey to the team!
    Love ya!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I really enjoy reading your updates! They're so fun and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad my son is having such a good time hanging posters! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely want that chocolate cake for my late night snack! :-)

    ReplyDelete