Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fun in Ft. Myers, Florida! :)

 On our way to Ft. Myers, we stopped at Wal-Mart
and out front were some adorable little puppies for free!
Of course, the girls wanted one.. :)

 


 We stopped for a picnic on the way..
here are the striped shirt people.. :)
 And here's the green shirts!
(We didn't purposely sit this way, either..)
 Making our way to see the Manatees..
Carly, what are Manatees again?! ;)
 It was really hard to take a picture of one,
but you can kind of see one here.
 
Headed to another section to see some more..
Couldn't resist a picture of this cool walk-way!
Watching a lady go into a hurricane simulator..
I guess we're easily amused! ;)
A beautiful sunset over the water!  I love the water!
We made it safely to Ft. Myers!
I guess this is what happens after a long day! ;)
We girls got to stay at an apartment at the church..very nice!
When we walked in, I spotted this little guy.. a MINI dish
washing soap!  It was SO cute!  Don't know exactly why,
but I died laughing when I saw it.. :)
Must also be because of a long day.. ;)
A mini palm.. :)
I guess I just love mini things?!
We went to Cici's for pizza on Sunday afternoon.
Here's Stephanie eating Macaroni n' cheese pizza!
I absolutely LOVE the Royal Palms!
I'm gonna really miss these up north..
On Monday night, Anna came & picked me up so we
could have a "girl's night out" :)
Great to see my niece, Emily, again, too!
I  miss you girls!
We went to the Huxley's for dinner..
wonderful dinner & fun chattin' time! :)
Thanks so much, Kelly, for opening up your home!
My cousin, Rebekah, was also in Ft. Myers the same time
that I was!  She's been traveling with Dr. Bill Rice and
his wife.. it was so much fun to be able to both be traveling
with evangelists and to meet up in Florida!  
Who would've ever guessed?! :)
Rebekah, Tizzy, and Mackenzie
Me & Kenzie


It was great to be able to see Mrs. Soucie while I was there too!
(she's the lady on the far left and Kelly Huxley is on the far right)
So, one morning we were getting ready for the day,
each quietly doing our own thing, when all of the sudden
we heard Amanda scream!  I ran over to see what was
wrong & this is what I found.. :)
Well, that same morning, I was in Leesie's schoolroom,
studying with her for a test.  I was sitting on the floor
and Amanda had come to the door.  She wasn't at the
door for more than a minute when, once again, she
screamed!  This time I looked down and jumped up
when I realized there was a lizard sitting there, staring
me in the face!  I guess it'd jumped out of the notebook
that I was holding!!!  Annaleese calmly said, "Oh, I
wondered where he was!"  I guess she had lost him..
and we'd found him for her! :)
Poor Amanda.. I guess it just wasn't her morning! ;)
The school this week was very small..
only about 15 jr. high\high school..
but we still had fun! :)
Here they are playing baseball inside!
Janna & Stephanie even got to join in on the competitions!
On Tuesday night, the Huxley girls and Rebekah came
and picked me up right after I was done for the day,
so we could make it to the ocean before sunset..
it was BEAUTIFUL!


Some kind of little sea urchin thing.. Couldn't resist! ;)


I can handle this weather for the first day of February! ;)
It was a beautiful, sunny, warm week!  So nice!
Especially when they were getting foot after foot
of snow up north.. :)
McGregor Drive was lined with Royal Palms!
It was SO pretty.. majestic, I guess! :)
Splash Ball in chapel
I love how these Florida houses are all different colors.. :)
The "perfect palm tree", as Carly would say! ;)
But, of course, we seemed to see a lot of these! ;)
Even though the school was small.. at the nights we had
a really good turn out!  Probably with a high of about 90!
The youth pastor's little girls.. they were SO precious! :)
Gotta love these Florida house colors! ;)
We wanted to go to the beach before Carly left to go
back to WI.. so we went on Thursday afternoon..
it was breath-taking! :)
The girls had fun swimming in the ocean! :)
Well, I think Janna might've been the only one to actually swim..

Nothin' quite like a walk on the beach! :)
"Fake Uncle John & Aunt Lori" joined us for the outing! :)
As you can see.. Janna got soaked! :)
Did I mention that I LOVE the water?!
 

Another great turn out!

On Thursday night after the war, we decided to take a
walk down to McDonald's for some ice cream :)
So much fun with friends! :)
Amanda saw this cup & thought of Tina.. :)
(She can smile even though she's married to a Rains.. right? ;) haha)
Once again, a little thing!  So cute!  I'm glad Amanda
enjoys little things, too! :)
The Huxley kids came every night and even recruited friends!
Thanks so much guys!  You helped us so much!! :)
Tug-of-War
Such diligent students.. :) haha I don't think they're doing school, though!
the youth pastor
Such a fun team.. for two weeks!  We miss you, Carly!

2 comments:

  1. lol! I like the McDonald's cup! :)

    -Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks so cute like that, Tiz! BTW, I think the girls should have gotten a puppy:) Thanks for all the posts, I enjoy keeping up with the team's travels

    ReplyDelete