Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The War in Sheridan, Michigan

 
Beth Haven Baptist Church & Academy
 
Nicole & I stayed with the Whitney Family in their beautiful, country home!
 Do you like the Goforth bedspread? :)



 I enjoyed spending some of my evenings laying on this hammock
outside.. I think it might just be a must in any home! ;)
 I had to get a picture of Leesie's way of doing her math facts!:)
 As we were selling t-shirts on Wednesday morning we met
this cute little girl.. she was just precious!:)
 Some of the teens from the academy..
we stayed with Kiersten, the girl in the middle.
Poor Janna.. she "cracked" her finger playing tetherball,
so now I can also add "nurse" to the list of things I do!;)
 
We had really good War nights.. I think the high was like 110 teens!
 Who says you can't have fun while working?!:)
 The girls made some friends this week..
And even gave them some violin lessons this week (next picture).

 Spoke Tackle
(David McNeilly, who traveled with us last fall doing the War,
visited and, of course, once again, had to be in the center of the
tire tubes during Spoke Tackle!:))
 Friday night.. we had to do Big Ball Bowling in the gym
because it was SO windy outside!
 We had fun trying to squeeze everyone in to the War
room!  It was a good problem to have!:)
It was awesome to be able to lead a young girl to the Lord..
We had a good week and really enjoyed being with the people
at Beth Haven..  the teen girls especially were very sweet and
it was refreshing to see their love for the Lord and desire to serve Him!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tizzy! It's been fun seeing all the updates - great idea!!! Brought back some memories, because I was at some of those places when I was single. I stayed with the Whitneys:) Praise the Lord for what he's been doing. Tell my girls I miss them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiz,
    Isn't that where David usually likes to be? :)That shouldn't shock you! :) Glad you got to stay with the Whitneys...I don't remember them too much but I hope they didn't tell too many embarrassing stories about us! :)They are a good family! I hope you got to stay in the "Goforth" room...you know that is the best fellowship! :) Praise the Lord for what He is doing and we are still seeing results from when the War was here and are looking forward to more. The Lord is using you in a great way...NEVER take your focus off Him! Praying for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! WOW...that is a nice home:) Do you know where they got the "Family" plaque?

    ReplyDelete