Thursday, October 21, 2010

West Seneca, New York

 Nicole & I stayed with the Mohr Family.
They had three little girls, Hannah, Molly, 
and Rachel and also a dog, Trix.. we had fun! :)
 Rachel excited to get a present from her dad! :)
 
At First Baptist Church, they had a lot of college age
people, so on Sunday night they all get together to play
volleyball and have a devotional.. it was fun to join in,
although I did horrible in volleyball that night!!! :)
With her love for China, Nicole found a kindred friend,
the first grade teacher, Sue:)
 Well.. we were supposed to get the red car, but guess
which one we ended up getting and which one the guys got!;)
I'm thankful Nicole can drive stick, but sometimes I guess I
wished she didn't!;) haha No, really, it was a very nice little car!:)
 
Nicole, and her tape wrapping skills!:)
She makes me laugh.. she organizes them just so,
only to have the guys come and wreck it all!
Oh well, I guess that's what it's for!:)
 They had these tables at lunch... the sign made me laugh!:)
"Nut free table".. mmm.. guess some people couldn't sit there!;)
 Stephanie enjoying her noodles & soup! :)
 
The war nights went pretty well.. 
probably an average of about 60 teens a night.
It wasn't a really big youth group at the church,
so this was a pretty good amount.
 Enjoying the skit!:)
 
Pastor Cline's daughters, Rebekah and Deborah..
The girls do their violin lessons with their cousin in WI by skype..
 It's a group effort.. :)
 
The final war night... a bit chilly, but it ended up being BEAUTIFUL!:)
 I LOVED the way the sun set on the trees..
This is our view from the registration table.

 
Then there ended up being a BEAUTIFUL rainbow!!!
I wished I could've gotten all of it.. instead, I got two halves:)

 GORGEOUS!!!
You should've heard me exclaiming!:)  
I don't know if anyone was enjoying it quite as much!;)
(or, at least, didn't exclaim it quite as much;))
 
The final cheering contest!
 Carter, the youth pastor's son, enjoyed it too!:)
 The judges..
 Tough decision.. :)
 Me and Lacey
It was so awesome to see the Lord work in Lacey's heart this week!
She was a senior at the Christian academy in West Seneca, NY.  
Although it was her last year, It was her first year at the Christian school.
On Thursday night after the War, I walked up, actually with the intent to
talk to Lacey's cousin who was with her, but, instead, I realized the Lord
had been preparing Lacey's heart.  She made a comment and after a 
little bit I realized that she had wanted to go back during the invitation
but was too scared.  I had the privilege right then to share with her the
gospel, that men are sinners in need of a Savior and the only way to
Heaven is through the finished work of Jesus Christ on the cross.
She did not accept Christ that night, but she was very clearly under
conviction.  The next day, I had the privilege of leading her to the Lord!
Right away, the Lord also broke her about her attitude to her parents
and the way she treated her family.. it was awesome to see how the 
Lord was working right away in this tender heart.
It was so exciting to see answered prayer and 
to see the Lord's miraculous working!

5 comments:

  1. Yes! I did! I kind of forgot they were even there until someone said something about "Dr. Buria":) It was nice to see them:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the posts! It's fun to keep up with your tour

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcome! I'm enjoying doing it:) It'll be fun to look back on all the places I've been and to see the stories:) Hope things are going well with you all! Love, Tiz:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love all your posts and pictures, Tiz! I'm so glad you can travel and have all these wonderful experiences:) What a special blessing about Lacey - so glad the Lord does such a great work in willing hearts!

    Love you lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete