Saturday, February 25, 2012

Clarksville, TN

 
The couple we stayed with this week, Bruce and Ruth.
 
Here is our home for the week!  It was so nice to be
so close to church, so we went home between services
everyday, which we don't always do because of the distance.
 My room for the week!  I love water & beaches, so I loved the theme! :-)

 The room had the cutest decorations..
like this little hat and coat (mini size, of course!).




 Here's "Princess Ariel's" room for the week! :-)
 Because Bruce works at Fort Campbell, an Army base in
Kentucky, we were able to go on base on Tuesday to tour around.
Dr. Jim enjoyed sitting in a Black Hawk Helicopter, I think! :-)
Bruce flies Black Hawks.. it was really awesome!  Kept thinking of you, Sam!



 
I'll admit.. I was pretty much in my glory, too! ;-)
 Leesie made a great co-pilot! :-)
 




 
Wouldn't you love a hangar like this, Sam?!
This picture is especially for you! :-)
 After we saw the helicopters, we went to Pratt Museum!
It was really neat & had lots of interesting things to see
and many interesting facts!  
Maybe I liked it because I'm a teacher? ;-)
 It was Valentines Day on Tuesday, so we went all out
for the occasion! :-)  The pastor bought all of us girls chocolates :-)
 Mom sent me a package!  I wore the socks :-)
Thanks for remembering me, Mom! :-)
 The Vans left some little treats at my desk :-)
 I got some balloons and candy for the girls and Ariel
gave them all some fun stuff too! :-)
(I love this picture of the three of them, by the way!)
 
Ariel enjoyed her little bear & gifts from the Vans, too! :-)
 Pastor's son, Chris, brought in something for the girls
to dissect!  Janna jumped right on in and the others
enjoyed watching for a bit :-)
 

 This people at this church were just so sweet!
I really enjoyed getting to know different ones
and spending some really sweet, special times in
talking to the different ladies.  I especially enjoyed
my time talking with Jenny (the lady in the picture
above).  She's been through a lot and definitely deserves
some medals, I think! :-)  Her husband was a police officer
for about ten years and then he joined the military.  His
story is absolutely incredible!  To keep a long story short
(and if you want to know more details then just let me know),
he saved his whole battalion from gunfire and he rescued a
fellow soldier from being blown up!  It's pretty incredible!
The wife has also been through a great deal with having a
husband who is a changed man since coming back from active
duty!  It was very interesting to hear her story.  I encouraged
her to write a book :-)  They're a precious family and I'm
so very thankful that I had the opportunity to meet them all!
Leesie came up to me the final night after church as we
were getting ready to leave, and said, "Look at me, Miss Tizzy!
I'm you!" :-)  Sure enough!  She had my coat on, scarf on, my purse on
her shoulder, was holding my water bottle, and was carrying my Bible!
As they say, "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!" :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the pics and comments - I always love them cuz it lets me in on all that's going on with you - thanks for taking the time:)

    Love you lots,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete