Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ocean Springs, Mississippi - Our Final War

 Grace Independent Baptist Church for our final War week this semester!


Most of the team wore red & black on Sunday.
Janna & Stephanie both wore clothes that had 
been given to them by my cousin, Rachel.
So, of course, I had to take a picture for her! :-)
 The girls were trying to balance water jugs on their heads,
trying to get practice balancing on their heads like Aquila
told them to do :-)  This was right before one of them dropped
and spilled all over! :-/  We won't say whose it was, though! ;-)
 Ariel & I went out recruiting, and since we were going
to be so close to the ocean, Dr. Jim said that we
should go see it.  We just had to obey, of course! ;-)
 Mississippi is unlike any other state I've been in!
They'll have gorgeous houses on the water, like this one,
and then just a mile or so up the road have low income
looking housing.. don't quite understand that!
 Since we recruited at McDonald's we had to get
something, too, of course! ;-)  Actually, I got
a Frappe and then I recruited! :-)
 Can you tell I love leopard?! ;-)
Mrs. Van gave me this leopard notebook to record
some memories and experiences in.. she's so sweet!
This week was a bit more relaxed since we only had
one War night on Friday night.  So, one weeknight
the girls made cookies with Ariel :-)
 On Thursday night we also had the opportunity to go
to a rescue mission.  It was a very sobering experience!
It was also very interesting - I don't think I've ever stood
in front of just men, about thirty of them, to sing a solo!
Definitely an interesting experience in more ways than one! :-)
 Our one and final War night!

 I got to watch David for a little bit while Abi
went to the store to get more refreshments.
I was so happy to finally make him fall asleep! :-)
 We had a great crowd show up!  There were about
100 teenagers that came that night and about fifty visitors!
The Lord really blessed the preaching and a few girls
and about ten guys responded to the message!

A neat story from this week...
On Monday night a group of us went to Wal-Mart.
I had finished my shopping, so I went into Subway
to sit and wait.  While I was in there I saw a teenage
girl with her two younger brothers.  I didn't have a
brochure yet, so I was hesitant to approach her without
any pamphlet but I felt I still should, so I did.  She 
seemed genuinely grateful although a bit shy.
Well, I didn't think too much of it, but then later that week
Ariel and I took two teen girls out recruiting.  We stopped at
Wal-Mart just as we were finishing.  I was walking around when
all the sudden I saw a girl and boy waving at me in front of me.
I was on the phone, trying to find Ariel, so I didn't think too much
of it, but I thought I recognized the girl.  I decided to approach her.
When I did I realized after talking with her that it was the same girl
that I'd met in Subway just a few days before!  It was so awesome
how the Lord allowed our paths to cross again so I could give her
a brochure!  She did come on Friday night, and although she didn't
come back during the invitation, I had the opportunity to talk with her
some afterward.  She did not accept Christ as her Savior, but I'm still
praying for her salvation!  I'd appreciate your prayers for her as well.
Her name is Haley.  I know the Lord is working in her life just as
He so obviously led me to her again!

No comments:

Post a Comment