Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fun with Fam & Friends in WI!

 Mar, Dave, and I took the Megabus to Wisconsin to visit 
fam & friends for a week!  Although it was a bit crowded 
for the first part of the trip, we still had a lot of fun! :-)
 Layover at the Union Station in Chicago.. Mar was a
bit tired & thought Dave would make a good pillow!
Dave is just so compliant.. sweet boy! ;-)
 The second part of the trip, from Chicago to Milwaukee,
was very nice and roomy!
 Seeing a face like this definitely makes the trip worth while!
(the one on the right, that is ;-))
 Uncle Dave, Levi, and Uncle Pab
 It worked out that the same week we went to visit at
Camp Joy, the Webb kids were there too!  Jack was a
nurse at the camp that week & Spurge and Georgia came
to visit.. so good to see them all again!
 Spurge was bemoaning carrying my pink bag! ;-)
Actually, he did it without complaint..
it was the picture he didn't like, and I'm sure 
he'll love that I have it on my blog! :-)
 We enjoyed playing a game together before bed that night.
On the way to church..
 Georgia & I matched on Sunday!
 Mar & Jack ended up matching too!
(Hard to tell, but Jack's skirt actually does have
some yellow in it too.. so, yes, they do match :-))
 Sisters.. sisters.. :-)
 Of course!  Culvers for lunch! :-)
I think Dave & Spurge had fun together..
kind of scary how much they're alike at times! ;-)
 
Mar gave Brooklyn & Levi belated birthday gifts.
well, Levi a belated birthday gift.. 
Brooke.. just because, I guess ;-)
"Bunny Cookies!"
 The Stephen Rains family.. aw.. so cute! :-)
 Green & jean day!
 I caught Levi as he prayed.. it's so cute how he so intently
cups his big hands over his little face!  
Okay, so I was peeking! ;-)
 CHEESE!!! :-)
 I think Brooke is definitely going to have curly hair!

Some pics of relaxing at camp..
 Lizard anyone?? :-)



 Who says boys ever grow up? ;-)


 Lunch on the back deck
 Georgia & Spurgeon flew back to NC on Monday..
it was sad to see them go!  So good to see y'all again!
 On Tuesday we went out to eat & to shop!
 HAPPY NATIONAL PIZZA DAY!
(Did you know that it's July 19th?  Right, Jo? ;-))
 Snazzy glasses, Tina! ;-)
 Poor Brooke.. the day just wore her out!
 On Thursday we went to a nearby natureland 
at another camp. Dave was in his glory with all the 
reptiles! AND.. he even got to HOLD them!  Yuck! ;-)
Nicole, you would've loved it, I'm sure! ;-)
 Levi was actually pretty brave to pet the snakes!
Must've been cause of Uncle Dave's example :-)
 I don't think so!

 

 Can you tell Levi is enjoying his ice cream? ;-)
 Can you tell I'm enjoying my Frappe? ;-)
 Friday evening we relaxed by the water.. 
I love the water!  It's so calm & peaceful.  
Just the medicine we need sometimes :-)
 Levi enjoyed "driving" the golf cart :-)

We had a fun, relaxing week at camp.  
It was so good to catch up with family & friends!
Here are some pics that we took as a culmination of the week...
 Jack & the boys
 Jack & Dave
 Tiz, Jack, and Mar
 Jack & me
Mom & us kids :-)
(Can you believe this is only four of the eight kids?!)
Safely back to MI now.. although we enjoyed WI,
we're all in agreement that there's "no place like home" :-)

3 comments:

  1. Tizzy! It's always so sad when I have to quick scroll down through half your blog because there are SNAKE pictures! Lol. Wish I could have seen more of you while you were here... miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pics!!! It was great to have you all here in Wisconsin!!! I enjoyed learning Monopoly Deal while you all were at Camp!!! Come back sometime soon!!
    ~~~Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the pics and you all coming to visit - it was WONDERFUL!!

    Love you bunches,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete