Tuesday, September 20, 2011

California... Here We Are! :-)

 The ride to California was BEAUTIFUL!
I loved all the hills & valleys!
We left Oregon Friday morning, and traveled
all day Friday, stayed in a hotel Friday night,
and then traveled about another six hours on Saturday.
It was a long trip, but it seemed to go by pretty fast..
especially when we discussed and analyzed personalities
for a good part of the trip on Friday!
Are you sequin, melancholy, choleric, or phlegmatic?? :-)
 Stopped to take some pictures of the scenery
 And, of course, the California sign! The first time! :-)
 Mount Shasta
 Aquila, a BCM student from Ghana, West Africa,
joined the team for a few weeks to observe the
ministry so that he could implement it when he
went back home.  We picked him up from the
airport, and I couldn't believe this HUGE luggage cart!
And I thought I had a lot of luggage! ;-)
 Wilton Bible Church with Pastor Jeffcott
 The auditorium/gym.. they get a lot of use out of this room!
 The "inner court" was all gated around.. I had to take
a picture.  The first thing I thought of when I saw
this was.. "Sound of Music"! :-)  Anyone else? ;-)
 Poor Ariel.. this was an exhausting week for her, I guess.
 Splash Ball!
(DJ looks quite concerned, too.. :-))
 Brain Freeze!
 The principal, Mr. Callison, is in the blue shirt on the back row.

 Aquila giving his testimony.
We didn't waste any time to put him to work! ;-)
 Getting ready for Tube Tug..
Making sure the girls are behind the cones.
 A teen girl from the school invited some kids & they came!
Here's some of them.. The little boy is actually an uncle to 
Alexis, the girl in yellow!  I guess Alexis' mom is his sister,
if you can figure that one out :-)  That's not all, though!
This little boy was adopted along with about 25 other kids!
And I thought we had a big family! :-)



 Eating before going into the War room/auditorium
 And telling secrets, I guess...

 Okay, crazy picture!



 I guess they liked the skit, too! ;-)  So cute! :-)
 Trivia

Derek & Diane
They've only been married since April.
He's a police officer & she is a nurse :-)
Her former husband died in an accident.
It was so interesting hearing how they met..
a hunting trip, actually, and he thought, "oh no!
Don't tell me we're gonna take this woman on this trip!"
But.. he was pleasantly surprised by her :-)
She was used of the Lord to be a witness to him,
and eventually he received Christ as His Savior.
Later, but not too much later, they were then married! :-)
 Scoring.. who will win the night?!
 Mingling with the kids in the cafeteria while we're
waiting for our lunch.  Oh my starz!  We had amazing
meals this week!  The lunch portions were HUGE it seemed!
We had Chick-fil-A one day, Chinese another day...
and so on :-)  Very yummy and very filling!
 I left the schoolroom for a few minutes and came
back in to find things in an uproar!
Ariel was freaked out because there was a spider on
the ceiling and so the girls were trying to kill it! :-)
I tried, but it was a bit too high..
thankfully, DJ came to the rescue just in time! ;-)
 The girls have been taking over registration almost completely now!
 "Beautiful night for a ball game," as Dr. Jim would say :-)


 Spoke Tackle

 Alexis couldn't play because she was expecting,
but that didn't stop her from getting as involved
as she could by cheering on her aunt who was playing! :-)
 I've been doing the waitress skit, "Dinner Decisions".
This past week was my second time doing it.
It was fun :-)  And I think DJ especially LOVES that
he can throw water on me at the end of it!
I don't know that you can see it too well, but I was
trying to get a picture of my wet face :-p
I think my clothes got more wet than my face did, though!
 Some of Thomas' family came to see him.
Rebekah is on the top far left and Joanna is on the bottom far left.
It was so nice to meet some of them & we're looking
forward to being able to spend more time at his house soon!
 The girls took to Rebekah's fun, bubbly personality
right away! :-)  They had a great time together!
 Friday's Scavenger Hunt in Chapel..
A sock with a hole in it!  DJ looks quite disgusted! ;-)
 Mr. Callison gives it the okay that it passes! :-)
 The girls getting ready to play in chapel

 Leesie was so sweet.. she was going to fill
her water bottle up, and then came back in and
got mine.. then Ariel's.. and then Janna's and Stephanie's!
I was quite pleased with her servant's spirit & initiative! :-)
 Aquila taking a little nap.. I wanted to snap a picture
because I thought it was so interesting how he slept
with his phone over his face :-)  This was right
before he woke up to me taking the picture!
 Leesie picked me some flowers :-)
She's so thoughtful like that!
 Volleyball game on Friday night before the final rally!

 BIG BALL BOWLING
This was one of the best bowling games I've ever seen!
It was very competitive and extremely close!
So close that actually the last pin that got knocked down
right before the final whistle blew to end the game actually
allowed the Recons to win!  Those are my kinda games! :-)






 The Army Ranger Team
 The Marine Recon Team.. who ended up winning the week!
(now each of the teams have won one week!)
The Navy Seals Team
 Final night bonfire service
 We ended up having a great testimony time that lasted
for about an hour!  It was so awesome to see how the
Lord had answered specific prayers...
Citori, an unsaved girl in the school, who knew she
was unsaved and didn't seem to care, received Christ this week!
"The twins", who had been invited and many were hoping would
come, finally came Friday night!
Kelly, Alex, and Camille, grandchildren of some church member's,
came the final night.  As we were praying for their salvation during
the week, it was awesome to see Kelly accept the Lord as her Savior that night!
Continue to pray for Alex and Camille.. they seem so hard and uncaring really as
I talked with them after the service.  It was scary as I talked with Alex.. he
basically said that he loved his sin and would rather go to hell than give it up.
He actually said he wanted to go to hell!  Wow!  It was just so scary
as I looked him directly in the eyes and it seemed as if I was looking
right into the eyes of Satan, for Satan had an obvious grip on his life.
I challenged him that when he came to the end, which he would,
that he would turn to the Lord.  I also told him I would pray for him.
Please do pray for him as well!  He and Camille desperately need the Lord!
Favian, a girl from the school who is in the
Recon shirt, recruited these two girls.
It was so awesome to see them come out
all three nights and even bring other family
members' with them!  Mrs. Van did have
the opportunity to talk in detail with Alexis
(the girl with the grey hoodie) about the
gospel and, as far as Mrs. Van knows,
she did accept the Lord as her Savior.
She wanted to start attending church there,
so pray that she will be remaining fruit!
Praise the Lord for using teens to reach teens!
After a long week.. we do crazy things, I guess?! ;-)

Mr. and Mrs. Isaac
Ariel and I stayed with them this week.
They were very sweet!  We enjoyed breakfast
each morning with them, a special treat that doesn't
always happen because of our busy schedules! :-)
Of course, some there were a couple days that
Mr. Isaac left to go golfing at like 6am, so he
didn't join us for breakfast those days!
It amazes me that people like golf that much! :-)
The Isaacs were amazing to talk with!  Since the
twelve years that they have been married, they've
traveled to all fifty states together and gone on
twenty-nine cruises!  They had some awesome
pictures that I enjoyed looking through.. of course,
I didn't get through all of them.. that would've
probably taken a whole week just to do that! :-)
Deciding what cruise I would like best.. :-)
They have beautiful house!
Abby, a girl in the school, lives in this house..
at least we think it's this house :-)  She explained
where it was and this is what we found :-)
We'd noticed it & thought it was beautiful and big!
We wondered who'd lived in it, but didn't know it was
her family until the end of the week! :-)
So, I wanted to get a picture with Abby before she left
on Friday night, but she left before I could get one.
So, I thought I could get a picture of her house at least
to remember her :-)  She's supposed to send me a pic, too :-)
Okay, adorable story!  I know this post is long, but I can't
leave this one out! :-)  On Thursday night during the
invitation, Abby responded.  I took her into a room Mrs. Van
had set up and did the salvation drawing for her on one of
the white boards.  It was so precious to watch her as she
followed along intently.. nodding, eyes filling up with tears
at times, big smiles at other times..  she was right there
with me!  Then when it came down to the decision, I
asked her if she'd ever asked the Lord to be her personal
Savior.  She thought she might've when she was in
kindergarten, but she didn't think she was trusting in Jesus 
alone, so she wanted to make sure.  I talked her through the 
prayer and then I told her that she could go ahead and pray.
I then bowed my head and waited for her to pray.
She started praying, "Dear Lord," she said as broke down
into a sob.  She sobbed her way through the whole
prayer, the sweetest sinner's prayer that I think I've ever
heard!  It was just precious.. that's the only word for it :-)
Abby then gave a testimony at the bonfire service on Friday
night.  Then after she was done giving her testimony, she
ran to me and threw her arms around me as she sobbed.
Through broken sobs she said, "I don't want you to go..
I'm gonna miss you!"  I'm thankful that the Lord allowed
me to see this precious little girl led to Him this week!

There were horses right by the church that we enjoyed petting. 
Saying goodbye to the mom and her baby before we left :-)

2 comments:

  1. Great post!!!! The story at the end truly is precious!!! It is great to hear how the Lord is using you!!! That pic of DJ getting the spider reminds me of work...Becky is scared of spiders so I sometimes hear her scream and then I have to go and save her by killing the spider!
    Love you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE your newsy posts!! What a lot of blessings for one week :) Praying and thinking of you often - keep the posts coming!

    Love you lots,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete