Saturday, September 3, 2011

Kent, Washington

 
Galilee Baptist Church

 Ariel & I got to stay in the church's prophet chamber.
It was so very nice to be so close! :-)

 I love this verse on the wall.. such a good reminder!
 The church people were so sweet!
This is Ivone and she is no exception :-)
I absolutely LOVED watching her sing in church!
You can tell that she means it from the very depth
of her heart!  Ariel & I had an opportunity to speak
more with her on Friday evening, too.  It's incredible
to hear her stories & see her obvious love for the Lord
and for His Word!  Very encouraging & challenging!
 Dr. Jim celebrated his 51st on Monday!
I got him a Dunkin Donuts gift card :-)
I think he liked it, and I know he'll use it!
 Happy Birthday, Dr. Jim!
 Trash Ball
(check out the kid in the center.. I think he was
trying to imitate a fish?? :-))
 On Monday evening we went to the Lee's house.
The girls enjoyed reading books while waiting for supper.
 The men enjoyed talking.
 Their back porch was beautiful!
 Mr. Lee loves to remodel and work with old cars.
His garage was filled with them!  Very neat!
 Splash Ball
Ariel gave a testimony on Wednesday in chapel.
 Meet Gopika & Gina :-)
Okay, so I've gotten to know Gopika this week quite a
bit!  We've gone recruiting together & just have had
fun spending time together throughout the days.
So, she heard that I like to drink a concoction of
milk and rootbeer (very yummy!).  She thought that
sounded so gross, but she wanted to try it :-)
So, here they are about to try my concoction..
 Wednesday night War
 Ariel & I helped out the Marines because they were
a little short on people to begin with.. they showed
up later, though!  Faithful Marines! :-)
 Tube Tug.. about to happen...
 And the race is on!
 I had to get out there & cheer them on, too!
 Skit Time
Luigi the Chef (Thomas)
 The Sports Announcer (Matt)
 The Game Hunter (DJ)
(Personally, I think this picture is just priceless!
And I might even get paid to take it off.. ;-))
 Okay, I thought this was so cool.. this car had the
names of the couple on each of their doors!

 Big Ball Basketball
DJ is fighting for the ball.. or maybe he's helping
his teammates get it?? :-)
 Gopika is havin' a blast at registration! ;-)
 Leesie, Deanna (the K5 teacher), and Ariel
chilling at registration as they watch the competitions.
 Ariel & Janna
 SpOkE tAcKlE!!!
 Stephanie's sneaky photography skills! ;-)
 Look at Christa fly by!  
The camera can't even make her out! ;-)

 The girls enjoying the food :-)
 Tizzy & Ariel
 So, I was in the prophet's chamber & looked in
the microwave... I died laughing when I saw
what Ariel had stashed in there! haha
She was afraid of mice getting her food! :-)
 Scavenger Hunt in chapel.. who's gonna get it??
 Usually every Friday in chapel the girls play their violins.
 Random classroom pics.. :-)
Gopika hung out in our classroom with us quite a bit!
We'll miss you, Gopika!
 Everyone had their own little station.. :-)

 Tug of War
I didn't get any pics of the Big Ball Bowling because
I was playing :-)  Helping Recon again!  They won, though!
35 to like 11 or something like that.. awesome job, Marines!
 Friday night bonfire service

 The guys hiding in the bushes...
well, actually they were waiting for their grand entrance,
but it looked like they were hiding :-)  Made me
laugh and of course I had to get a picture!

 Mr. Apperson, the youth director at Galilee Baptist Church
 Testimonies
 The bonfire
 Agnessa & Me
I've really enjoyed getting to know Agnessa this week!
The Lord has really worked it out for us to be able to
have some really good conversations & counseling times
together.  For not being very open normally, Nessa, you
definitely have opened up to me!  I am so glad!
It's been a joy getting to know her & counsel with her!
The Lord worked in Nessa's heart specifically about books
that she was reading that were not helping her thought life
or her walk with the Lord.  She decided to burn them!
Praise the Lord for His working in this sensitive heart!
Love you, Agnessa, and it's been a joy getting to know you!
 A group huddle after the bonfire service.
 Ariel & Jeannie
SEALS WON!

10 comments:

  1. I am quite happy to see you have been helping the Marines Tiz! ;) and just so you know...root beer and milk IS gross!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to Go Seals!!!! I love all the random pictures of people with crazy faces!!!! ;) I think we need to have the War of Special Forces in Mukwonago some time!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love all the "newzy" posts & pics! Nice accommodations too:) Wouldn't Dad love the car collection?!

    Miss you, but looks like you're keeping busy:)

    Love you lots,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! I agree with Amanda! Adam does the whole "Root Beer Milk" thing, too. :) Sorry, Burtts, but I just can't get used to it! Yuck!

    Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl!
    Thanks for sharing all the pics & news! Miss you! I have never seen you do the root beer drink...not sure what to say about that! haha
    I love the pic at the top of the blog of all you girls!!
    Love you lots!
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice picture of DJ :) It's a classic! Don't take it off ;) Btw, you can tell DJ good job on winning the week for the Seal's Team! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is Matt's last name? He looks like the guy that game to our cola-clash returns and he also brought his youth group to our 2:52 clubs and ran the teen's soldiers for Christ that night when ya'll were at our church (Fellowship in Taylors:) for an off week in March.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Esther! Matt's last name is Galvan. Yes! I do believe that Matt was there at your church that same week that we were! Small world, huh? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh yeah that's right!:)We want you to come back and we need to have another game night at Grandma Rosie's.:)

    ReplyDelete