Friday, July 1, 2011

Family Camp at Camp Joy

 I went to Camp Joy to surprise my Mom & Pab!
It worked, too.. Mom was shocked!  I think she
was happy, though, too.. :-)
I ended up going for a couple of weeks, and the
first week that I was there Dr. Jim was preaching
for family camp.  He brought his family, too,
so I surprised them as well!  I love surprises! :-)
It was great to spend family camp with some of
my family and also my "other family" :-)
 Levi has a fettish with hats!  He loves to try
them on.. even pink ones, I guess! :-)
Definitely a blackmail picture for later.. ;-)
 It was SO good to see my niece and nephew again!
They're so cute.. don't you agree?!
I love this pic.. Brook's just smiling sweetly
as Levi tries to get his shoe off.. definitely mischievous!
 Pab does a great job helping out at 
camp in various ways! :-)
 Mom was soaking her feet and whispered to me,
"Give it five minutes.." and sure enough!  In probably
less than five minutes Levi wanted to get in too! :-)
 Great to see Tina & Steve again!
Thanks for having me! :-)
 Tina put B's bib on like this and started singing
"How do you solve a problem like Maria.." :-)
Here's a pic of what it looks like almost
every meal time for the kiddos!
Tina & Steve have their hands full!
 It was great to see Emily, a friend from NC
who's working at camp this summer as a counselor!
 I had fun taking lots of walks with the kids, too!
Levi and I would often take a morning walk when
Brooklyn was down for her nap.  It was fun! :-)
 The girls played their violins for the Tuesday picnic,
and, of course, Mr. Ream played the piano for them!
It was great to see the Reams again, too! :-)
 Levi loved listening!
 After "hours" of waiting.. ;-)  Janna FINALLY got
to go on the Bunguline!  The kids enjoyed watching :-)
 She looks just a bit worried..
 But I think she had a great time! :-)
 Four-wheeler ride!!!
 Levi loved coming to greet me in the mornings :-)
I would often have my MP3 by me on my bed, and
it wasn't too long before he would routinely ask
"to listen to this" :-)
The girls had NEVER been tubing before!
That's just about unthinkable to me, so
I decided that that just had to change! :-)
 They wanted me to go with each of them for the first
time.  That wasn't too hard for me.. ;-)
Janna & Me

 Annaleese & Me
 Stephanie & Me
 They LOVED it!!! :-)
 Janna's definitely the adventurous one of
the three.  She was the first to try tubing,
the rope swing, superslide, and the bunguline! :-)

 Just before the drop..
 Levi and Brooklyn had never been horsebackriding
before.. also an unthinkable, so we changed that too! :-)

 Levi, of course, wanted to visit the chickens.
 On Friday night the adults and teens had a banquet,
so I took the kids down to the gym with the other workers.
 I think Abby (one in the turqouise shirt) was adjusting
to working at camp quite nicely! :-)
 I took Annaleese to the bathroom and had left the
kids being watched by some others.  When I came
back, though, I searched all over for Levi, then I
found him.. he loves to play in the sand! :-)
We had a great week of family camp! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment