Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Visit to West Coast Baptist College

 
We left Placerville, California, to head to West Coast
Baptist College early Wednesday morning.  Thomas
graduated from there this past May, and my cousin,
Rebekah, is going to college there this fall, so I
was excited to go visit! :-)
On the way, Thomas took us down this "musical
road"... can you figure out the song that it's
supposed to be playing?  It was a little off, but
it was still pretty neat! :-)
 We stayed in a very nice Staybridge Suites...
I'd definitely suggest staying there!
Just too bad we weren't there very long!
 We even had a kitchen!

 Yay!  I finally got to see Reba! :-)
 Rebekah showed us around campus & we were
able to meet a lot of her friends... 
it's a really neat place with a beautiful campus!
 Here's Rebekah's dorm... the Sisk Hall.
 I loved the door to her room!
 Rebekah and her roommates, Kim and Morgan
 The main auditorium
 

 The main classroom building... I love the palm trees!
 Took some pictures before church that night
 I thought you'd like this fountain, Jo! :-)
 I got to sit with Rebekah in the deaf section
during the service.  I wish now that I would've
gotten a picture of her main interpreter!  She
does an incredible job!  At one point, Rebekah
looked over at me as I was watching her and
she told me to shut my mouth, because I'd
had it hanging open as I watched the interpreter! :-)
She was really good!  I'm so glad that Rebekah has her!
 We went to the Great Awakening Coffee Shop after
service for some hot drinks, popcorn, and fellowship
with friends!  This is Kevin and Tyler in the pic above.
 Rebekah & her "campus Mom" :-)
She was the sweetest lady!  Don't worry, Aunt Lynn,
Rebekah seems to be in very safe hands!
This is Crystal & I in the elevator heading down to
breakfast on Thursday morning at about 6:50!  Do
we look like we're wide awake?!  We were excited to
head back to a morning of meeting Rebekah for
coffee, going with her to class, and going with her
to chapel.  We had a great time!  Just wish it
could've been longer...  miss you, Rebekah, but
so glad that you're able to be there for college!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you got to go see Rebekah and West Coast! I'm sure she was glad to see you and have someone she could really "talk" to :) What a blessing!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete