Friday, November 5, 2010

Greensboro, NC at Vandalia Christian School

 Vandalia Christian School.. they have a really large campus,
consisting of three buildings and a gym, to accomodate
their BIG Christian school.. over 700 students!!!
Vandalia Baptist Church

We went to Bojangles after church on Sunday night.
It was the first time there for us, so we decided to 
take a picture with our famous Bojangle biscuits!:)
We had fun playing games.. Mrs. Van did the "twenty game"
with some of the guys, and I did the "Riddle of the Little
Village with the Green Glass Doors."  Remember that, Steve?:)
Needless to say, the teams this week were HUGE!
This is just the Army Ranger list..
Since Carrboro is only about an hour away, Jack came on
Monday night and we went out to dinner.. it was great to see her again!:)
Of course, we couldn't shop without having a bit of fun;)
Took this picture for you, Tab!:)
We enjoyed going to a Japanese restaurant on Tuesday night..
It was really yummy!!!:)

There were SO MANY teens that they had to have two
balls for their rendition of "Miller's Ball"!

We took a little break from school to take pictures:)


I think some of the teachers enjoyed watching too:)


Wednesday chapel

Enjoying watching Splash Ball.. :)
Usually on Wednesday in chapel, Nicole gives her testimony
and we both sing "Nothing Between."
I just HAD to get some pics of the beautiful sunset during War!!!



Think I got enough?;)  Oh, there's more!:)
Tube Tug

Spoke Tackle
(I think the guys liked having the big lights already on the
field so that they didn't have to set up our lights:))
Marty in the middle.. kinda has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?;-)

Doing Registration... had to take some pics, of course!:)
Some of the girls made Marty this costume.. I mean, uniform;-)

 
We enjoyed some chocolate on "National Chocolate Day"!:)
Thanks for letting us know, Tab:)  Always take any excuse we
can get to eat chocolate, right?;)
We actually got some candy from the church people for an early
Holloween since they were going to be having "Trunk or Treat"
at the church AFTER we left.. the girls were glad to get candy anyway!:)

Such a sweet story.. Well, there were a few from this week.. :)
First of all, on Friday morning after chapel, a girl came in to the
counseling room just crying.  I took her and talked with her. 
Long story made shorter:), basically she just knew that she wasn't saved
and she needed to be!  She'd been in the school since K-3, and had even
been confronted about whether or not she was a Christian, and the Holy
Spirit had clearly convicted her that she wasn't saved and needed to be!
It was awesome to find out more afterward.. the youth pastor had actually
just confronted her two weeks previous, asking her if she was a Christian.
She'd gotten upset, but then, I believe, the Lord used it later to show her
that she really wasn't!  Praise the Lord!!!  And I heard that quite a few more
that attended the school were saved this week, too!

Second story.. :) On Friday night a girl came back during the testimony 
service crying and crying (what is it with me and crying girls?!:)).  
I asked her what was wrong and if she wanted to talk.  
She nodded and so we ended up going inside out of the cold to counsel.  
She was able to get assurance settled that night
and then I also counseled with her about anger and bitterness..
While I was talking with her about how she must simply take that anger
and bitterness to the Lord and give it to Him and that He could take it
and replace it with His love and burden for those people, she looked at
me with a "horror" look on her face.  I stopped and asked what was wrong.
She said so innocently, "But I don't want Him (God)
to have it (the anger) either!"
Although I was about to bust, I tried to contain myself as I smiled 
and just explained how God took it and GOT RID of it.. He didn't keep it.  
She smiled, relieved!  Pretty cute:)

Obviously, we had a great week!:)  Thank you for your all prayers!
It's exciting to see the Lord answer prayers and continue His delivering work!

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, Whoa! Why hasn't anyone ever told ME about National Chocolate Day! I would SO have eaten more chocolate in honor of the day! :)

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Wasn't expecting to see the hat pic on your blog...but then again I should have been! :)
    Love the sunset pics! Beautiful!
    Great uniform for Marty! haha I love how teens make things extra fun!
    So glad to hear about how the week went! Thanks for sharing all the pics!!!
    HUGS! Jack

    ReplyDelete