Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Heritage Christian Academy in Woodbridge, VA

 They even had a special bulletin in our honor:-) 
Needless to say, they were excited that we were coming!
 We enjoyed going to Ihop on Sunday night after church,
and then again on Monday for supper!  Can you tell it was a hit?!;-)
 
On Tuesday night we went out to eat with Principal Kosa and his wife
to Old Country Buffet.  We had a very good time!  I absolutely fell in
love with Mrs. Kosa!  She's a very sweet lady:-)
Obviously, you can tell that Janna liked it too.. 
just didn't wanna overdue it, I guess!;-)
 Each of the three War nights were well over 100 people,
with the highest being about 160!


 Spoke tackle in the mud always seems to be a favorite!;-)




 
Adorable Aden.. I asked her if I could have her dimples,
but Dr. Jim said that she'd better keep them.. some boy 
would really like them someday;-)
 BIG Ball Bowling in the gym



Hope, a sweet girl from the school and church there.
I saw her Mom one night with her and I wondered who
she was, thinking she might've been an older sister..
well, I think she appreciated that;-)
On Friday night, Hope wanted to take a picture with me,
so her Mom took one for us and then she also took
one using my phone for me.  When she took my phone she
was like "oh, I know how to use this! I have one just like it!"
Well, later as we were talking, she pulled out her phone and I
saw it had an adorable case on it!  I asked her where she got it
because I'd had a hard time finding fun, cute cases.
After explaining, she was like "oh, well I can get your number
and send you a picture of them and then you can just tell me
which one you like and we'll send it to you!"
I, of course, didn't expect her to do that.  Then she was like
"well, do you like this one?" (meaning the one on her phone).
After affirming that I did, she was like okay and just started
to take it off!  I felt so bad!  I didn't say it so she'd give it to me!
I helplessly watched as she, ignoring my pleas not to, continued
to take her case off and give it to me!  I felt so bad!
But I got a cute phone case out of the deal:-)
and a reminder to pray for Hope and her mom..

Marty being Marty.. or should I say "Crumcake"?! haha
 
Well, so this week we were informed on Sunday that we would be
staying in a million dollar home!  When Carl heard this, he caught 
my eye and stuck his tongue out! haha  Guess he was jealous?!;-)
At first I thought it was this one (above), but I was still quite
impressed when I discovered it was this one (in the pic below).
 Welcome to "our" home! :-)



 Check out the HIGH windows & ceiling!!!

 The view from the balcony on the way to our room.

 
That's definitely one serious fireplace! ;-)
 
They had these immaculately decorated rooms that sat empty!
I guess for company like us.. :-)

I thought this clock was pretty neat.. couldn't pass it up!

It was really a great week in Woodbridge.  The teens there
were really very sweet and the staff seemed really very supportive
of what was going on.. that's always a BIG help!!!
And I'm thankful that although we left, the Lord hasn't!
He's still there and we trust that His work would continue!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a good time there! But who couldn't have a good time when staying in a million dollar home, right??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure is a beautiful house...wow!!!!! You sure have a fun team to travel with!!!!!!!! Tell Marty he's crazy... :)

    ReplyDelete