Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Relaxin' in Myrtle Beach, SC

We were really looking forward to relaxin' some in sunny
South Carolina before our final week of the War for this
semester.. I think we were pleasantly surprised at how
nice it was.. especially having a balcony of our room
that overlooked the beach and ocean!
It was so funny.. okay, so Nicole and I went up to our
room first and realized we had a balcony and went back
and told the guys.  Well, they were on a different floor, so
they thought that their room would be facing the street!:(
So, when Carl came up to bring our luggage, I opened
the door, he didn't even say anything, but dropped his bag
and went right over to our balcony to take pictures!:)
They were excited when they realized that they had a balcony, too!:)

The view was AWESOME!!!
Well, at least some of the view.. ;) JK!
We had fun trying to yell at each other from
our balconies:)
The Ocean Reef Resort, the name of our hotel, had some
awesome pools, too!  They had indoor and outdoor heated
pools!  Nicole & I enjoyed swimming, going down "lazy river",
and chillin' in the hot tub later that night!
After we got settled in, we enjoyed going for a walk on the 
beach as the sun was setting!

We found this jellyfish.. of course I thought of Dave!:)
It felt good to walk barefoot in the warm salt water!
It was so cool how the sun set.. perfect for 
taking pictures like this.. :)
Can you tell who is who???



Look familiar? :)
They were trying to copy some kind of pose here, I think..
but I forget.. can you figure it out?? :)


Aw so sweet.. :)  It was a very romantic place!  Oh well! ;)


Okay, there's really no Stacy.. at least not yet;)
Funny story, though.. so, the War nights a lot of times
Nicole & I will hold on to the guys phones and keys while
they do the competitions.  Well, one night I had Carl's phone
still at the end of the night as we were about to head home.
Nicole thought it'd be so funny if, when I gave it back to him,
I was like, "So, Carl, who's Stacy?"  I laughed and thought that'd
be great, so we tried it!  Well, Carl looked at me, dumbfounded..
I guess the only "Stacy's" that he knows are guys! haha
So, it didn't really work, but it's still an ongoing joke about
Carl's "hypothetical Stacy"!:)  He even got a "note from her"
the previous week!  (really, it was Mrs. Barnett, but it was
so funny!!!)  He's a great guy to tease! ;)

I figured I'd write my name in the sand for fun, too.. :)
So, Marty just randomly decided to get a piggyback ride!:)
Do you know who it is???

After our walk on the beach, we went to supper that night
at Bellacino's.  On our way there we found Marty like
this on the phone.. :)
GOOD MORNING!!!
I think I could handle waking up to this every morning!:)
A morning stroll on the beach before we left the Ocean Reef Resort..

3 comments:

  1. b-e-a-utiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! We're all jealous up here in the North country - you are SPOILED :) But how fun and what a beautiful place!

    Love you lots,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. AB-soooo-LUTELY LOVE these pics Tizzy! The ocean is amazing! You guys look great...like you're having such fun. It's a blessing to see the Lord's gift to you all after a season of war =) The warriors rest! Can't wait to see you for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete