Friday, November 26, 2010

Our Final Week in North Charleston, South Carolina...

 We stayed with the Woodword Family..
 
And their dog, Maggie.. :)
 
Janna always comes up with imaginitive 
ways to make things work! :)
 It was GORGEOUS on Monday, and really a lot of the
week.. it got colder as the week went on, but it was still
about 70 when we left on Saturday!  Very nice indeed! :)
 The girls did some school ahead of time so that they
had some extra time to spend doing other things they
wanted to do.. :)  We enjoyed going shopping on Monday!
 We played "Phase 10 Twist" with Mr. and Mrs.
Woodword and their son, Ryan, on Monday night..
it ended up lasting.. oh, about three hours!;)

 
The girls went out with their "Uncle John" and Aunt Lori
on Tuesday afternoon, so, with no little girls, Nicole and
I decided to go get some frosty's.. just cause we could
and because it sounded really yummy too!!! :)
 Janna makes me laugh with her drawings.. :)
 
She has unique ways to express herself.. :)
 
Wednesday Chapel at Northside Christian Academy
 Big Ball Volleyball on Wednesday night..
 And, of course, Tube Tug.. probably my personal favorite! :)

 Enjoying watching the skit from the bleachers.. 
the two people in the center of the pic are the girl's
"fake Uncle John", as they call him, and his wife, Lori.
He knew Dr. Jim from college, and Uncle John just adores 
"his little girls" and LOVES to spend time with them whenever he can! :)
 
Joe "crying" in the skit..
 Playing Uno with the youth pastor's kids in the
youth room \ schoolroom! :)

 One night after the War, some of the guys were trying to dunk.
Well, Laurel, the youth pastor's daughter, wanted to do it too,
so Joe helped her out! :)
 
The girls gave Nicole and I our Christmas presents since this was
our last week together until next semester.. I enjoyed using my 
"Teacher on the GO" mug the next morning for hot chocolate..
especially since it was a bit chilly because our the passenger seat
window broke and wouldn't roll up! ;)  Always exciting, I guess! :)
 Laurel and Emma, the youth pastor's kids, enjoyed their
glow sticks that their daddy bought for them.. :)
 Now you can see them a bit better.. :)
Emma on my right and Laurel on my left..  so cute! :)
 
"Let's see how many girls can sit on Miss Nicole's lap!" :)
 Crazy Jamie!!!
 Tug-of-WAR

 I caught Joe right as he was saying "PULL"!! :)
(and to the Rangers team, too! ;))

 BIG BALL BOWLING
(with about 160 or so, it makes it fun!:))
 
Friday night camp fire service.. 
the final night of the 2010 Fall Semester..



Me and Angel.. I like to call her "Sherlock", though! :)
Well, I suppose I'll explain why.. :)
We went out recruiting on Tuesday afternoon and Angel
went with me.  We'd come up to a house to knock on the
door and "Sherlock" would be like, "Oh, they're not home
because you see the oil marks there.. their car was sitting
there and now it isn't, so they're not home."  Or she would
tell me whether or not they had kids, and at one house she
knew he was a firefighter.. well, that was a bit obvious since
his uniform was sitting on the front porch! :)
But it was just quite funny, so I nicknamed her "Sherlock"! :)
Love you, "Sherlock"! :)  Great to see you again! :)

This week was a really good week.. I thought it might be a bit of a 
challenge because we had just come to this church & school a year
ago, but the kids really responded well, I thought!  It was neat to see
in the testimony service, which was quite long and I think Dr. Jim finally
just had to close things down, that the Lord had answered these kid's
prayers in specific ways.  That was extra special! :)
It was a great way to end our Fall 2010 War of Special Forces tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment