Friday, November 26, 2010

Our Final Trip Together as a Team.. :(

 
The view was so awesome on the way from SC up
to Tennessee, where we would drop Carl off..
I tried getting several pictures, but there kept being
trees in the way.  At one time, there was a perfect
view and I tried to hurry and get to my camera, but
I missed it:(  When Carl heard I was trying to get pictures,
he kept speeding up through "picture perfect" spots!
I'm gonna miss this bum, though! ;)
 After our final supper together at Chick-fil-A, we went
to drop Carl off to meet up with some of his friends at
Crown College, where he would then fly out on Monday
to his home in New York.  Carl showed us around the
college some and then we went to the church there to
meet up with his friends..
 So sad.. our last picture together.. I think we all teared
up some as we said goodbye to Carl and then drove away. :(  
It was really such a fun team, and I know I'll miss it..
and I think we discovered we all would!
We traveled Saturday and Sunday in order to get from
South Carolina to our final destination of Wisconsin.
On Sunday morning, we stopped at Shawnee Baptist
Church in Kentucky.  The pic above is an attempt to
try and capture the interpreter.. it's always exciting
to me to see deaf ministries at churches!
 I just had to snap a pic of these men conducting traffic
after church.. must get pretty hectic at times, I guess! ;)
Our first opportunity to stop at Culver's again after such
a LONG time!!! :)  It was a yummy lunch! :)
We dropped Marty off to meet up with his mom in Indiana,
and then Nicole, Joe, and I headed for Wisconsin..
The time passed a little more quickly as we listened to Ben-Hur
and the story behind the gospel of Luke on our way..
We reached our destination a little after seven that evening, earlier
than we'd expected.. the completion of our team travels for this Fall..
but really just the beginning of another part of our lives! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good times! Way to go, Tizzy - you are a much better blogger than I! :-)

    Sniff, sniff.. I miss our Ollie!!

    ReplyDelete