Friday, November 5, 2010

Weekend at Wyndham Hotel and Conference Center

 
Well, "we have arrived".. can't usually say that, can you, Joe?:)
Dr. Jim let us know that we would be staying in a hotel
the weekend after we were in Greensboro, NC.  I think we
were all looking forward to a little relax and unwind time!
We just didn't know how nice the hotel would be!!!
It was awesome!  Felt a bit out of place after just
traveling for hours and looking so bedraggled!;-)
 Here is our nice room!!!
 I just had to get a pic of the pillows!:-)
 It's not only a hotel but also a conference center..
The atmosphere was so relaxing and peaceful.
They even had classical music playing in the walkways.
 We all had the opportunity to get checked in and then just
to chill for a while.. It was nice to take a little nap, and I
think the guys enjoyed crashing for like three hours!!!
I guess the difference is that they work hard and we don't,
ya think, guys???;-)
 After resting for a bit and leisurely taking my time to pamper
myself..:-) I went out and enjoyed a little stroll.. the evening
was BEAUTIFUL!  I just caught the last part of this GORGEOUS
sunset!!! So, of course, what do you think I had to do???;-)
 
We went to Chick-fil-A for dinner.. of course, when
you're down south, where else would you go?!;-)
 
I had to get a picture of my "organized tray" for Leah!:-)
 
Sorry the picture is crooked, but I had to get a picture and
put it on here.. it's not everyday that a banana waits on you!;-)
 When we got back to the hotel, we toured around some..
Nicole and I explored the ball rooms.. We were 
"highly disappointed", as Nicole so nicely, yet bluntly put it!;-)
Carl even showed us through some "secret passageways"
that connect the buildings.  We enjoyed imagining
what it would've been like to be chased by bandits,
and trying to escape through the king's passageway!;-)
 The next morning we met up with the Van Gelderens 
again at a small church where we ministered for the morning
before heading on to our final destination for the week in
Woodbridge, Virginia, only about an hour away from where we'd stayed.
 War of Special Forces Fall Team of 2010
The other team members.. :-)
From L to R: Nicole, Tizzy, Joe (Marine captain), 
Carl (Army captain), and Marty (Navy captain).

It was a GREAT weekend!:-)
Now.. back to work!:-)

2 comments:

  1. I have one question for you and Nicole: Did you try to dance in the ballroom? ;) Be honest, now! :)

    And what's with the banana at Chick-Fil-A? That's so weird...

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, actually we didn't.. honest! :) Good idea, though.. we should've!;) Yeah, I think it was for Halloween.. that's my guess, at least:) When I asked her she said her name was Anna.. like "Anna Banana" I guess:) It made it a bit more fun, though!:) I didn't get a picture with her like I wish I would've, though:( Maybe next time!;)

    ReplyDelete